Indiana Small Business Restart Grant
Eligible Indiana small businesses can apply for reimbursement of qualified expenses. We’re here to keep your small business, in business.
Small businesses that meet the eligibility requirements can apply for reimbursement for qualified business expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and May 1, 2021.
Reimbursements for expenses may be awarded up to $10,000 for each month during that period. However, reimbursements may not exceed $50,000 over a 12-month period.
The program may give preference to Hoosier small businesses in the hospitality industry, but all eligible businesses are encouraged to apply.
Businesses that have already received Small Business Restart Grants, but have not reached the maximum reimbursements noted above, may re-apply during this expanded program. Expenses that were already reimbursed through this program will not be considered eligible expenses.
The deadline for applying is December 31, 2021.
Eligible small businesses are encouraged to apply and submit expenses for reimbursement as soon as possible; grants will be issued in the order in which applications are received until funding is exhausted or until the program expires.
Registered Indiana Businesses:
- Business must have been established prior to Oct. 1, 2019
- Business must be registered to operate in Indiana, except sole proprietors, and must be seeking reimbursement for expenses related only to their Indiana operations
- Must be in good standing with the Indiana Department of Revenue (DOR) or have a DOR-approved payment plan
Business must have had fewer than 100 full-time employees as of Dec. 31, 2019
Business must have been profitable and have had less than $10 million in revenue (Gross Receipts or Sales) in 2019; profitability is determined by EBITDA
- Businesses must demonstrate a monthly revenue loss of at least 30% compared to pre-COVID 2019 average monthly revenue. Revenue loss is calculated as 2019 Gross Receipts or Sales/number of months in operation in 2019.
May be reimbursed up to 100%:
May be reimbursed up to 80%:
- Insurance premiums
- Rent or mortgage payments
- Lease payments for real or personal property
- Safety investments
- Food delivery software service payments
- Please note a number of documents are required to apply for a Restart Grant. You can view the list here.
- Watch this video below on how to complete your application.
Avoid Common Mistakes
Use this list to check your information and avoid making common mistakes:
- Application is completed correctly & includes all required information
- Contact information is accurate – check for typos in email addresses, transposed numbers, etc.
- Proof of payment of eligible expenses is included – not just invoices or statements
- Banking information is accurate – check for typos, transposed or missing numbers, etc.
- Information in your tax return aligns with information in your profit and loss statement
If you have questions about completing an application or compiling the required documents, contact the nearest Indiana Small Business Development Center (SBDC) office or call 888.472.3244.
Please note the Indiana SBDC can only assist you before you apply to help you gather the required documentation.
Hear what others are saying about the program